On several occasions, Paul sent Timothy to help a church in need, for a short period of time. One such account is recorded in 1 Thessalonians and is a biblical basis for Craig Church Ministries’ Transitional Ministry. “And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith.” (1 Thessalonians 3:2)
Most churches, who are experiencing a pastoral transition, find themselves anxious and vulnerable. It can be a time of uncertainty, which leads to complacency and a lack of focus. But the work of the Lord must go on! It does not have to be a period of just trying to hold on.
Pastoral transition is a time of opportunity – a time of refreshing, renewal, refocusing, and revival.
“And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellow labourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith.” – 1 Thessalonians 3:2
Craig has been a pastor and interim and is, presently, a full-time missionary evangelist. Through his experiences, in the church and outside the church, Craig has watched God use the time of transition, to do great things in His church. This is a great opportunity, for an evangelist to be used.
A Transitional Evangelist Brings:
- consistent preaching of Truth from the word of God
- fresh life and energy to the church
- a focus to the mission of the church
- leadership, assistance, and help to the church
- a desire for the church to experience revival
A Transitional Evangelist readies the congregation to accept a new pastor and hopefully, leads the Church in experiencing a great awakening.
Important Things to Understand:
- The Transitional Evangelist is not a candidate for the pastoral position.
- Before beginning, at a given church, the leadership and the Transitional Evangelist, will agree on salary, office hours, and a clear job description.
- The church and Transitional Evangelist will commit to prayer, for each other, on a daily basis and work hand-in-hand, under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, to fulfill God’s purpose, together.
- The Transitional Evangelist and church will evaluate, the commitment, on a month by month basis.